9, In comparing Italians with Italian-Americans in terms of their family practices, Andrew Greeley found that Italian-Americans are now more like other Americans than Italians.
10, “Prejudice” refers to “negative behaviors,” and “discrimination” refers to “negative beliefs.”
11. Quotas designed to limit the number of Jews in many universities in the 1920s did not succeed in halting steady Jewish progress in professions that required advanced degrees.
13. People giving testimony before the commission appointed by the U.S. Congress in 1907 to study immigration often said that, compared to previous waves of immigrants from the Revolutionary War period forward, the “new” immigrants were less
likely to assimilate.
likely to become educated.
likely to make a positive contribution to the economy.
all of the above
14. A role is a collection of norms.
15. The concepts “primary group” and “cosmopolitan network” are very similar.
16. The experience of Protestant-Catholic contact in this country progressed from ____ to ____.
The post 9, In comparing Italians with Italian-Americans in terms of their family practices, Andrew Greeley found that Italian-Americans are now more like… appeared first on Submit Your Homeworks.