Chapter 3 of your Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling text identifies three goals of multicultural competence: self-awareness, knowledge, and skills.
For this discussion, select the case vignette for your specialization (Mental Health or School Counseling) from the presentation, Multicultural Competence – Case Study, from this unit’s first study and put yourself in the position of the counselor working with the clients or student in this situation.
· Identify the areas of multicultural competence needed for working with the clients or student.
· Explore how any biases you have might impact your reaction to the student or clients. What steps will you take to ensure ethical practice?
· Discuss the skills and intervention strategies you might need to work with the clients or student.
Support your ideas with references to the professional literature and specific codes that apply to this case from the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics or the 2016 ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors. Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines in your post and continue to practice integrating source material effectively to highlight your own critical thinking. View the resource “Improve Discussion Postings” for additional support.
Respond to the initial discussion posts of two other learners. What reactions do you have to the ideas the learner has presented? Include examples from your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
· Practice interpreting counseling-related information for different audiences.
· Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements.
· Develop communication appropriate for professional counseling settings.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.