– Approximately 2000 words (about 6-8 pages), double spaced pages.
– At least six peer reviewed sources to help substantiate points made throughout the essay.
– Use Chicago Style for references and here is an example of how Chicago is:
– At the beginning of the essay, please write out fully which prompt you will be writing about.
Choose one of the following prompts:
1) How has art influenced the development and understanding of Buddhism throughout history?
2) Buddhism has adapted to many cultural and societal changes as it spread around the globe throughout history. How have modernity and globalization influenced the message and expansion of Buddhism within recent history?
3) How are women perceived within the different schools of Buddhism? Have those perceptions changed over time? Why or why not?
4) Buddhism has often found itself involved in violent actions, and have even been known to develop skills in martial arts. How is violence perceived in Buddhism? Do warrior monks or even Buddhist forms of terrorism fit within the spectrum of Buddhist teachings? Why or why not?
5) What role does karma play in Buddhism? Who does it affect, and how does it affect them in this life, the afterlife, and the next life?
6) According to the second noble truth, greed/craving give rise to suffering. What did the Buddha mean by greed/craving and how do they cause suffering? How do these apply to love and compassion for others?
7) What is the Lotus Sutra and why is it so important to Japanese Buddhism?
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post essay about buddhism 2 appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.