An ideal post would be two solid paragraphs (that includes a thesis statement, a body of supporting evidence, and a conclusion that summarizes the main points). The post should be well constructed and free of grammatical errors, and be between 250 and 300 words. You do not need to undertake outside research in order to answer the question; although you may, if you like. It is a wise strategy to create your response as a Word document (that way, you have a copy for yourself). You must cite your sources both in your response and below it (Bibliography), using the Chicago Style citation format. Students who do not cite their work can expect to receive only a minimum grade of 60% for this assignment. It is expected that our textbook by Shi and Tindall will be a source and should likewise be accessed and cited. Late responses will be penalized at 5% per day.
Choose one (1) question.
1. In what ways did a “New South” emerge economically in the late-nineteenth century?
2. How and why did white southerners take away African Americans’ right to vote and adopt “Jim Crow” segregation laws at the end of the nineteenth century?
3. Who were the various migrants to the West after the Civil War? Why did they move there?
4. How did the federal government’s post-Civil War policies in the West affect Native Americans?
5. What were the effects of urban growth during the Gilded Age? What problems did it create?
6. Who were the “new immigrants” of the late nineteenth century? How were they viewed by American society?
7. How did the nature of politics during the Gilded Age contribute to political corruption and stalemate?
8. Why did the money supply become a major political issue, especially for farmers, during the Gilded Age? How did it impact American politics?
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
The post help me write the discussion first appeared on Submit Your Homework.