COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT, ANALYSIS, and NURSING INTERVENTION
Module One (Week One): Part One Windshield Survey and Key Informant Interviews
Please complete the following information on this template about the community you have selected. If you do not use this
template there will be a 30 pts penalty You may increase the size of the block by continuing to type. Use as much space as
necessary to provide your answers
Physical Environment Make sure you address fully what you observed and NOTE if something was not found within your
● Boundaries What defines the boundaries? Roads, water, railroads. Is the area known for a particular name? What area is
this community located in?
● Housing and Zoning What is the age of the houses? Describe type of construction material, appearance, and
general condition. Do you see single family housing? Multi-family housing?
● Common Meeting Places Where do people in the neighborhood hang out? Who hangs out there and what hours of the day?
● Indicators of Growth or Decline Is this a “thriving” community or does it look “run down?” Is there new or ongoing
construction? Businesses and Industries coming to the area? Are buildings, roadways, and public areas clean and well-kept.
Do you see dirt, trash, or graffiti?
● Employment Opportunities What places for employment are there is this area? Name the businesses and industries in this
● Transportation How to people get from one place to another? Is public transportation available? How timely is it?
Personal autos? Bikes? Walking?
People Make sure you address fully what you observed and NOTE if something was not found within your community area.
● Race and Ethnicity What is the majority racial group represented? What is the majority ethnic group represented?
Describe the distribution of gender, approximate ages, single families, multiple families, generational families?
● Cultural Characteristics What cultural similarities or differences do you observe? Languages spoken? Clothing?
Ethnic eating places? Culturally-based celebrations? Signs in languages other than English?
● Lifestyle Healthy Behaviors What healthy lifestyle behaviors do you observe? Do you see people exercising,
wearing helmets when biking, seat belt usage, using trash cans for garbage disposal, healthy eating practices?
● Lifestyle Risk Behaviors What unhealthy lifestyle behaviors do you observe? Do you see people practicing risky
lifestyle behaviors such as drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, fighting? Do you see signs of violence, gang activity,
drug use, criminal activity, and bars on doors and/or windows? Do you see overweight/underweight persons? Do you see
children unattended playing out in the streets? Do you see any signs of homelessness? Street people? Describe gender, age,
and race/ethnicity of persons observed.
The post Housing and Zoning What is the age of the houses? Describe type of construction material, appearance, and general condition. appeared first on lawwriters.org.