Final Research Paper: Disease & Nutrition
Signature Assignment Details Part I The Diet
Include the following in Part I:
• Criterion 1: Determine if the person’s diet is deficient or in excess of CHO, PRO, and fat and explain why. (Do the diet of 001 J.W.) uploaded in the documents of his diet, lifestyle and current illness/meds he is taken*****
• Criterion 2: Explain in detail how the person’s diet meets or does not meet the RDA for five or more micronutrients.
Part II Disease and Nutrition
Include the following in Part II:
• Criterion 1: Explain how the person’s diet would affect the patient’s disease symptoms and progression. Provide a minimum of three examples of how specific foods affect the disease pathophysiology. Provide examples of foods the person should avoid, and those he/she should consume.
• Criterion 2: Explain how food interacts with the medications this patient takes. What are the nutrient-related side effects of the medication? What are the nutrient restrictions and recommendations for the medications?
o Example: Iron supplements cause constipation, so people are advised to increase fiber foods; however, if a person is taking fiber with iron, the fiber will reduce the absorption of the iron thus decreasing the effectiveness of the iron.
Part III Patient Education
Include the following in part III:
• Criterion 1: Calculate the following for the patient: BMI, BMR, CHO, PRO, and fat needs and any other relevant calculations that will help you develop a nutritional plan for your patient.
• Criterion 2: Develop an evidence-based nutritional education plan with three SMART goals for your patient. Provide specific nursing strategies and examples for the patient, and consider all aspects of the patient’s lifestyle.
Page | 1
Getting Started Tips
Some common diets in the United States:
• Paleo diet
A few recommended peer-reviewed journals:
• Journal of American Medical Association
• Journal of American Dietetic Association
* You may not use WebMD or any Wiki sources. Check with your instructor or librarian to confirm that your sources are credible and scholarly. Your librarians are here to help you with your research questions!
APA format, at least 10 pages not including title page and reference page, 5 references one can be book uploaded in files.
****Uploading the sample research paper to show how to do each section piece by piece, FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE!****
****doing the paper over 001 J.W. Uploaded below!****
The post >Nursing homework help appeared first on Coursework Geeks.